RE: Recovery from online backups/archived logs on another system

From: Matthew J. Brown <matthew.brown_at_erogo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:00:39 -0700

This did the trick. Thanks!=20

-Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Rothouse, Michael [mailto:mrothouse_at_fcg.com]=20 Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 12:52 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: Recovery from online backups/archived logs on another system

I ran into this exact problem about 18 months ago. MetaLink Note:183367.1 resolved my problem. Specifically section "IV. WHEN RECOVERING ' USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE' OPTION TO DO INCOMPLETE RECOVERY". SQL> startup mount;
SQL> recover database using backup controlfile until cancel; Apply existing archived redo log files as prompted; type CANCEL when no more exist on disk
SQL> alter database open resetlogs;