AW: [Q] SQLPLUS still on 10g client !!!

From: Stefan Jahnke <Stefan.Jahnke_at_bov.de>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:13:41 +0200

Hi

I always preferred the command line version for one reason: sqlplusw = kept
screwing up the display with high values for linesize (like 900).

Stefan

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Michael Thomas [mailto:mhthomas_at_yahoo.com] Gesendet: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 8:13 PM An: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Betreff: RE: [Q] SQLPLUS still on 10g client !!!

Regardless, many people recommend the command line SQL Plus over the windows version.=20

Personally, I have not found any features in the windows version that I like better than the command line version. And, the menu-environment options in the windows version don't matter to me. Am I missing something?

I have trained my self to use the DOS/command line version to do paste-cut both using the mouse (QuickEdit mode) or just using ALT-SPACEBAR menu commands (K, Y, P, S, L, F). It also gives me the ability to use up-down arrows to recall previous entries without typing, and saves me time.=20

This is becoming a very good week. =20

First, I get my 10g New Features book from Bookpool.=20

Second, I see Jonathan's post on updates to his book: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/ind_book.html

Both look good, thanks all.

Regards,

Mike Thomas