Oracle Internals

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:49:13 -0400

Hello gang,

Could anyone recommend books, websites, or classes about Oracle internals? When I say "internals", I don't mean SQL tuning or error debugging, but am more looking for the following:

-SQLNet protocol format (what does it look like on the wire?)
-SGA format/layout - (If I were an SGA, what would I look like?)
-redolog on-disk format, etc.

I could probably get at least some of these things through our Oracle relationship, but that involves NDAs, talking to people, and takes time, and since this is for my own personal curiosity (read: boredom), I'd rather not use that route unless I had to. So, I'm hoping one of the Oracle gurus out there has experience with some of this. Thanks very much in advance.

Take care,
Matt