Re: HIGH SWAP ON LINUX AS 2.1

From: Seema Singh <oracledbam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 11:46:25 -0400

More swap usage opposed to how much swap usage in the past? : 5GB What has changed? :Notin changed
OS? : Linux Advanced server 2.1
SGA-conf? :Total System Global Area 1796282860 bytes for one instance ,TOTAL INSTANCE =3
Oracle release? =9.2.0.3.0
>App? +ORACLE APPLICATION

Amount of data? : avg instnace size is 25GB # of users? : 400
HW?: dl360 dual cpu
let me know if you need any more info

>From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
>To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
>Subject: Re: HIGH SWAP ON LINUX AS 2.1
>Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 00:33:45 +0200
>
>We will need somewhat more information. More swap usage opposed to how much
>swap usage in the past? What has changed? OS? SGA-conf? Oracle release?
>App? Amount of data? # of users? HW?
>Regards, Carel-Jan
>
>===
>If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok)
>===
>

>At 11:24 PM 4/8/2004, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I have running Oracle9i(9.2.0) on Linux AS 2.1 and memory (8gb).I've been
> >noticing more swap usage on this box .Let me know if someone noticed the
> >sameand fixed the problem.ANy suggestions are most welcome.

Limited-time offer: Fast, reliable MSN 9 Dial-up Internet access FREE for 2 months!