dbv problems related to ora-0600 [4511]

From: Jeroen van Sluisdam <jeroen.van.sluisdam_at_vrijuit.nl>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 17:02:18 +0200

Hi,

We're busy building a datawarehouse db.
We encountered an ora-0600 [4511] all other arguments empty Based on the app we could determine the table in question. Analyze table validate structure cascade reported block corruption

Metalink suggested db_block_size 32k can containt too many rows in a block and pct_free should be increased. I run dbv on this file and it reports 3 pages as corrupt.

I created a new table like the old one, pctfree on 20 inserted all data from the old table, ran another analyze validate structure and problem was gone, but dbv still reports the same corruption.

Can I live with these errors, any other ways to continue on??

Tia,

Jeroen