Re: Stuck session help

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 01:13:05 +0200

Daniel,

What language is used, Is it (Pro*)C? Dit the application work well in the past, or is this something new?

The statement hangs before the execute. Some inserts succeeded. Are they part of the same transaction? So, the locks are there because of Can memory overwrites in C corrupt data and cause the execute to 'hang'? Did the execute reach the kernel, or is it stuck in the client process?

Just some questions I can come up with after being up for 19 hours I've not digged very deep into your tracing info, might have missed some info obsoleting the questions above.. I'm going to get some sleep now. Good luck with the problem/solution of it.

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===