Re: oracle downgrade support

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 13:54:23 -0700

> Needless to say management is a bit concerned about major upgrades and =
> being able to downgrade. Obviously if a major problem is found early =
> enough restoring the cold backup from before the upgrade is the best =
> option. But say the bug is not found for 1 week and Oracle cannot fix it
=
> for 1 month.

We upgraded all of our SAP from 8.0.6 -> 9.2.0.3 last year, and had no concerns about whether it would work.

The reason we had no concerns is that we did *extensive* testing.

You have to commit to testing to do upgrades. Testing is more than 'the database came up and the app seems to work'.

There must be a testing plan. Production scenarios must be run, etc.

Jared