RE: oracle downgrade support

From: Thomas Day <tday6_at_csc.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 11:43:52 -0400

Would it help if you made the export using the executable (and ORACLE_HOME) of the lower version? I just tested 8.1.6 executable against 9.2.0.4 database and it seemed to work.

                      DENNIS WILLIAMS
                      <DWILLIAMS               To:      "'oracle-l_at_freelists.org'" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
                      @LIFETOUCH.COM>          cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: RE: oracle downgrade support
                      oracle-l-bounce

                      04/07/2004 11:05
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to oracle-l

Scott

   We have pretty much relied on the practice of:

Fortunately we haven't had a disaster of the magnitude that would require this. I will be interested to see if anyone else has a great solution.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com