Re: Accounts for dbsnmp and tracesvr

From: <jo_holvoet_at_amis.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 09:59:19 +0200

Don't know much about tracesvr, but dbsnmp is the account used by the Oracle Intelligent Agent (what's in a name). You can and SHOULD change the password because it has quite a few default privileges. If you are using the agent, you need to update its snmp_rw.ora file to indicate the new password. (As an extra, you should also change dbsnmp's temp tablespace to something other than system).

mvg/regards

Jo

"Schauss, Peter" <peter.schauss_at_ngc.com> Sent by: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
04/06/2004 22:54
Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Accounts for dbsnmp and tracesvr

What is the purpose of these two schemas and will I have problems if I change the default passwords for them?

I checked the manuals and cannot find documentation on these.

Thanks,

Peter Schauss