RE: How to disable iSQL

From: Michael Fontana <mfontana_at_verio.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:36:10 -0500

While we're on the subject, I use exactly your method each and every time I install oracle:

$ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Apache/bin/apachectl stop

Now the problem is, once I do so, it will not restart:

dfw-sla-data4.techops.verio.net
</opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/Apache/Apache/bin> ./apachectl start ./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I must say, in such case, the referenced metalink article is of little use.

I cannot find a log or anything else to assist in restarting.

I believe our network guys do not like the idea of an oracle app running on the web!

Michael Fontana
Sr. DBA
NTT/Verio

From: Jesse, Rich [mailto:Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com] Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 4:47 PM To: 'oracle-l_at_freelists.org'

You don't mention what platform, but on Linux (and presumably Unixes) = for 9.2.0.4 on the server, you'll want to comment out the include of "isqlplus.conf" (along with the full path) from $ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Apache/conf/oracle_apache.conf. Then restart = Oracle's Apache server and it should be disabled.

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_qtiworld.com           Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI =
USA