RE: RE: how good is oracle tech support?

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:46:26 -0400

I agree with Pete,

There is no need for end users to have access to internal docs unless there is a valid and compelling reason to do so and support-goofed-up is not a valid reason.=20

IMHO, support has come a long way in last few years, we have had some great experiences and some bad, but it seems like the bad apples are going away. But then again this is true with every company.=20

Someone recently mentioned that a GE support rep listened to washing machine over the phone and sent out a part that fixed the problem. But then when my hard disk in my HP PC crashed, I had to prove to the support guy and his manager that it failed by holding the phone next to hard disk. When they tried to tell me that it isn't, I told them that it is and told them that I have been working with PCs since mid 80s so I know what I am talking about ... At which point they agreed that hard disk has failed and arranged for a replacement.

Raj

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com=20 All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal.=20 select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements;=20 QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !