RE: Largest shared pool

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:00:10 -0400

Riyaj,

As to your first point, I read here, I think it was stated by Tanel, that starting in 9iR2 there is an undocumented parameter that allows you to define multiple shared pool latches? Unfortunately, searching my archive proved unsuccessful. =20

Tanel, can you refresh my memory?

As to the second point, yeah, that would be a cool idea. Maybe with hints that would automatically direct the statement to that pool? /*+ KEEP */, /*+ DEFAULT */, or /*+ RECYCLE */, or something like that?

-Mark

Mark J. Bobak
Oracle DBA
ProQuest Company
Ann Arbor, MI
"Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc"

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Bobak, Mark Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 9:13 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

I've had an Oracle analyst tell me in MetaLink, that it's not uncommon to have a 10GB shared pool, which I thought was ludicrous, but, she was adamant. But, Tim seems to have topped even that statement!

-Mark

Mark J. Bobak
Oracle DBA
ProQuest Company