Re: Largest shared pool

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 21:02:33 -0600

RDBMS 9.2.0.4 64-bit
Solaris 5.9 (E15K, 36 UltraSPARCIII 1.2Ghz CPUs, 160Gb RAM)

SHARED_POOL_SIZE = 14,352Mb (i.e. 14.02Gb).

>From V$SGASTAT where POOL = 'shared pool':

I think it's way too big for the application (DW), but with 160Gb of RAM to use up, we're doing our best! I've thought about throwing office parties in all that RAM, but then I worry about the sticky mess the next day. And don't even ask about DB_CACHE_SIZE... :-)

We're not experiencing problems querying V$SQL or unusual latch contention or anything (yet)...