Re: prod-dev sync

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 22:16:23 -0700

Look into using RMAN "duplicate target database" command? This way, DEV will get refreshed from backups of PROD, not directly from PROD itself, so this activity won't interfere with PROD in any way.

And not only will you get your refreshed DEV environment, but you'll also be verifying the validity of your backups of PROD.

If the DEV environment has some extra stuff that you don't want overwritten, then put that stuff in it's own tablespace(s). Then, before you run the refresh, export those tablespaces as transportable tablespaces (TTS), perform the refresh, and then "plug" the transported tablespaces back into the newly-refreshed DEV database...

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Steiner, Randy