Re: Oracle on Opteron anyone?

From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 15:57:54 -0800 (PST)

Rich,

I'd love to pick up a PogoLinux box.
Unfortunately, I haven't kicked the tires on any of the Opeteron boxes yet. As soon as HP can ship a demo unit, a client site is getting ahold of one. (Aleady got the RHEL 3.0 ES CDs burned). I figured, what is the point of testing one, if it doesn't have at least 2 CPUs and 4 GB of memory?

quite an interesting subject.
The lower memory latency is very attractive. will likely blow away the 10,000 LOIs per 100 Mhz rule of thumb.

Can you imagine (a beowulf cluster of) an Opteron Laptop, say 2 quarters from now?

Paul

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway http://promotions.yahoo.com/design_giveaway/