Re: ONAMES questions....

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 10:50:53 -0800

Yup, that's how it works.

So, before outsourcing no one consider the firewall issues?

Good planning on their part, eh?

The firewall admins needs to open a port for onames.

There will also need to be a range of ports for the sqlnet connections opened up as well.

Can't recall which config file that goes in, probably listener.ora, or possibly protocol.ora.

Jared