Re: Java vs. Perl ... vs. Python

From: Juan Cachito Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 16:42:16 -0400

Branimir, please what do you use to connect phyton to Oracle, here I found but there are several choices. http://www.python.org/topics/database/modules.html

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
OCP
Database 9.2 Standard Edition
----- Original Message -----
From: "Branimir Petrovic" <BranimirP_at_cpas.com> To: <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 4:33 PM
Subject: RE: Java vs. Perl ... vs. Python

> I'm doing a Quick Tip (Q9) at IOUW titled, "Python, Oracle and the
> Meaning of Life." From my laptop (it's old and decrepit with a mere
> 256MB of RAM running at 850Mhz) I'll be running a full fledged web
> server which I developed entirely in Python.

Steve, I think it is a great idea to try showing off "ugly duckling" (that Python is) to the world. On second look (as the first for some reason always seems to go to Perl) Python is quite amazing piece of tool, relatively easy to master but very powerful, tool "for life" (if there is such a thing in IT world).

I am puzzled how Python never managed to catch wider attention of DBA types. Hopefully your presentation will mark first step in "right" direction.

Branimir

Looking forward to finally figure out "The Meaning of Life" on IOUG...