RE: Java vs. Perl ... vs. Python

From: Orr, Steve <sorr_at_rightnow.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 13:27:58 -0700

Mey Mladen,

Have you heard of vim or emacs. :-))

I've barely touched the IDE stuff so I can't give a worthwhile recommendation. I installed Boa Constructor/wxPython on my Linux/KDE desktop about a year ago but was disappointed by its immaturity at that time (The IDE is developed in Python). It has an active mailing list so maybe it's worth another look. I work almost exclusively from Linux and I remember reading something about a KDE/Python package but I'm clueless as usual.=20

Most of our stuff is script or cgi- no GUI other than HTML. Beyond IDE's I'd like to get Twisted but we've got a lot of stuff on Apache so I guess I have to look into ModPython. =20

GUI-less in Montana,
Steve