RE: Perl Book Recommendations

From: David Lee <David_Lee_at_kaplan.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:49:58 -0500

All the books that were mentioned before are excellent books. Another = good book I like is the "Perl Cookbook". I frequently browse through it = to find commonly used codes.

I use perl with DBI at work too. It is very powerful and easy to use = too. I remembered there was another way to connect to Oracle without = using DBI or oraperl. The author said it offered comparable = performances to DBI and allow "database independence". I think you had = to create an internal mapping of tables within the program. So if you = ever had to restructure the tables, you don't need to change the SQL. = (Sorry, my memory is kind of shot.)