RE: 8174 32 bit to 9204 64 big

From: Hodgkinson, Stephen <Stephen.Hodgkinson_at_cba.com.au>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 22:44:27 +1000

I thought the same as Thomas Biju - oracle takes care of the 32-64 bit conversion
for you, when you do the upgrade and the DBA has no additional tasks to do.

Please let me known if you disagree as I will be upgrading production in a few weeks.

Stephen

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS [mailto:DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM] Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 3:46 PM
To: 'oracle-l_at_freelists.org'

Srinivas

   My theory as a DBA is to perform tasks in a manner that is least likely to cause bad consequences. Is there any way export/import would work for you? I have a much warmer feeling about using that to relocate my important data. Just create a new 9i database, check it out, make sure it is ready to go, practice the export/import, then perform the cutover. Much less to go wrong.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com=20

This electronic transmission and any attached files are intended solely for=
 the person or entity to which they are addressed and may contain informati=
on that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.=
 Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use, including taking a=
ny action concerning this information by anyone other than the named recipi=
ent, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or have = received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender = and destroy this communication.

**************   IMPORTANT MESSAGE  **************
This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information which may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email, do not use or disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Unless specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal advice or commitment by the sender or the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) or its subsidiaries.