Re: standard edition vs enterprise edition

From: Arghadeep Chatterjee <dba_at_magma.co.in>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 17:47:37 +0530

Hi srinivas,
Oracle does it two ways user wise or CPU wise.as far as what you need to buy is concerned you get extra frills on Enterprise Version if you need Partioning and Data mining tools ,Dataguard this are the options only avlbl on Enterprise ver. Deep

  Hi All,

  We are planning to buy oracle edition to run on a Solaris box ( dual CPU).

  ( Its going to be OLTP and the no. of concurrent users will be 10.)

  Solaris box configuration:

  Sun Fire V240

  2x1 GHz Ultraspace IIIi

  4x512 MB DIMMS

  2x36 GB drives

  4x10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet

  Could somebody suggest the above configuration is fine for 10 concurrent users. and what oracle edition we can purchase for the above requirement.

  Standard editition and Enterprise edition ? (what are the differences between these 2 and the price info if you have in US$ )

  Thanks in advance,

  Srinivas