Re: deadlock detection

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:53:47 -0500

Oracle reads a book about graph theory, especially the chapter about cyclical graphs and uses the algorithm described there. I happen to know of a former VP at the Oracle Corp. who is very well versed in math and who wrote a book about tuning Oracle and threw in some queuing theory, which was really refreshing, indeed. It is conceivable that this guy might have heard about the graph theory and linear algebra and implemented something of that nature to resolve deadlocks.

to detect graphs.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA