Re: pros and cons (now: KEEP INDEX)

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 20:24:29 -0500

On 04/01/2004 08:08:04 PM, Connor McDonald wrote:
> Has anyone come up with a reason why you'd want the concept of a KEEP INDEX option? Consider the
> scenarios

Connor, I have to confess, I looked that option up in the SQL reference manual when you mentioned it and, quite frankly, I don't know where to use it. If I want to drop unique constraint, then I don't want to leave the mechanism that enforces it in place. The only guys who will find that option useful are the authors of "advanced SQL" books and the teachers of advanced SQL courses.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA