RE: Oracle Apps Upgrade - Realistic Time Frame

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 14:04:03 -0800

Vicki,

>One of our Business Analysts attended an OAUG meeting recently
>where he
>was told by some Consultant marketing types that an upgrade of the
>Financials from 11.0.3 to 11.5.X could be done in as little as 6 to 10
>weeks. Can anyone on the list validate this? If not, what would be
>considered realistic? (We have AP, GL, FA, CE installed). As

As ever, it all "depends". Customization, platform changes (if any), additional functionality required, etc. will drastically change the timeline. In addition, if you consolidate or change your COA structures, you might want a Fresh install vs an upgrade, in which case, you will have to develop and migrate 'open' stuff via interface tables. No one can make such a statement without proper scoping and understanding of the environment...

John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Grace - Getting something we do NOT deserve Mercy - NOT getting something we DO deserve Click on 'http://www.needhim.org' for Grace and Mercy that is freely available!