RE: hinting and the rule based optimizer

From: Jocke Treugut <treugut_tuning_at_yahoo.se>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 00:04:35 +0200

Another one of this famous myths.

There are a couple of hints that you can use that will not invoke CBO. I am really sorry to write this email and not been able to check them all up (I have not access to my database from this PC).

If I remember it correctly, you can use cursor_sharing, push_subq (this one was probably a bug) and a third one.

I will check this tomorrow if not someone else do it before me.

Cheers / Jocke Treugut

www.treugut-tuning.com