RE: OCP Preperation -Any Recommended Books , Links , Docs ?

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:01:14 -0500

Jared,

Whether like it or not , I started/completed OCP sometime in year 2000(with 12 years Oracle experience at that time) due to employment requirement. It is still true today.

Besides positive part on employment search, it force you to do a lot of reading for new features now which is required to pass upgrade exams.

Is any info about 10g upgrade exams?

Regards
Rafiq

From: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: OCP Preperation -Any Recommended Books , Links , Docs ? Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:39:47 -0800

 > ..if it has any value at all.

I must disagree with this statement.

True, it may have no value among your Oracle peers.

But I doubt that anyone here is getting it to impress their peers. We all know better. Wrong answers, dumb questions, etc.

The OCP may be the deciding factor when applying for employment.

Check monster.com and dice.com. I have seen ads on several occasions that *require* OCP.

It may also be tied to an individuals employment grade and/or salary increase.

You just need to consider another perspective on the subject.

Jared

Chris Stephens <ChrisStephens_at_affina.com> Sent by: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
  03/23/2004 05:36 AM
  Please respond to oracle-l

         To:     "'oracle-l_at_freelists.org'" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
         cc:
         Subject:        RE: OCP Preperation -Any Recommended Books , Links
, Docs ?

And this is one of the reasons ocp gets to be less and less valuable....if it has any value at all.

...study the database...not the questions.