RE: recoving the temp tablespace

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:19:50 -0500

Your database is going to be looking for the 'old' temp file. Create a new, different one. Drop the old one, recreate the old one, drop the new one. Is that too many 'olds' and 'news?' :-)

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP1
    TEMPFILE 'F:\ORACLE\ORADATA\NEDSSARP\TEMP99.DBF' SIZE 2097152K AUTOEXTEND OFF     EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE 4096K     SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT MANUAL
/
ALTER DATABASE DEFAULT TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP1 /

DROP TABLESPACE TEMP INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES /

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP
    TEMPFILE 'F:\ORACLE\ORADATA\NEDSSARP\TEMP01.DBF' SIZE 2097152K AUTOEXTEND OFF     EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE 4096K     SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT MANUAL
/
ALTER DATABASE DEFAULT TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP /
DROP TABLESPACE TEMP1 INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES /