RE: ORA-32004: obsolete and/or deprecated parameter(s) specified

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:58:50 -0500

Steve,

Nice to see your responses, once again. You are really a master of Oracle. Knowledge is power and you are always sharing it. Next one is Tandel Poder, a young Steve Adam inline.

Best Regards,
Your old Fan,
Rafiq

From: "Steve Adams" <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au> Reply-To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
To: "'Michael Fontana'" <mfontana_at_verio.net>,<oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: RE: ORA-32004: obsolete and/or deprecated parameter(s) specified Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:57:17 +1100

Hi Michael,

Consider ...

   select kspponm, ksppoflg from x$ksppo;

Flag value 1 means obsolete; 2 means deprecated.

@   Regards,
@   Steve Adams
@   http://www.ixora.com.au/         - For DBAs
@   http://www.christianity.net.au/  - For all

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Paul Drake Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 10:08 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: first (production) bug 10.1 on win32?

Pete,

I should have stated the OS version.
That box is w2k Adv svr sp4.
I can start and stop the service just fine from the gui.

I would still contend that someone outside of marketing needs to be consulted in choosing syntax. This is simply a nuisuance, not a real bug.

thanks for testing - what OS version did you test against?

Paul

C:\WINNT\system32>net helpmsg 2185

The service name is invalid.

EXPLANATION You tried to start a service that is not configured on this system.

ACTION Check the spelling of the service name or check the configuration information for the service using the Services option from Server Manager.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time. http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html