duplicating a database

From: Markus Reger <Reger_at_mdw.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:29:20 +0100

what I did (regardless of what I should or shouldn't) was:

made a cold backup of a 92030 instance. for the sake of explanation call it DEV-site moved it to a 92040 site, let's call it PROD-site. on the PROD-site I replaced all files with those from the DEV-site (except control-files). I created new control-files (CREATE CONTROLFILE SET DATABASE "DEV-site" RESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG. .... ) then I started up in migrate, ran "@?/rdbms/admin/catpatch.sql" - as supposed when applying patch set 92040 on a 92 instance. platforms on both sites are Solaris 9.
Everything looks alright. How did I get the idea? studied to many papers about (physical) standbys. BUT: may I sleep well?
pleading forgiveness if this is just a stupid question. if so - even rebukes are welcome ... or some sleeping pills kr MReger