Re: Re: Controlling developers is like herding cats

From: Juan Cachito Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:30:17 -0400

Eevn when is other person organizing (when there is other preson organizing),
there are problems only a dba can handle, or have to find a way to solve, he don't have to solve himself, but he must know what he can ask.

For example, if a dba note some problem, he can ask help, in the same way he can ask more hardware. He is not going to buy and put the hardware in the computer.
But he must ask for, he must have ideas, to know how to improve their work in group.

> It cannot be a DBA problem, because DBA is a superior being which is
always right.
> Saying that something is a DBA's fault is contradictio in adjecto. It's
like
> perpetuum mobile: a myth refuted by all serious database administrators.
> Remember the following:
> 1) I am thy DBA and don't have any other DBA's but me.
> 2) Remember to celebrate the day of the DBA.
> 3) Don't take thy DBA's name in vain.
>
> There is more, but I'm not in the mood right now, because of the wrong
surrounding.
> I'll bring you the tablets some other time.
>
> On 03/22/2004 12:46:17 PM, ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net wrote:
> > It's not a 'developer' problem. It's a team and management problem. It's
also a lack of technical skill amongst Developer's and/or DBA problem.

> > > From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
> > > Date: 2004/03/22 Mon PM 12:31:53 EST
> > > To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
> > > Subject: Re: Controlling developers is like herding cats
> > >
> > > Yes, that's true. One thing to remember when talking about developers
is
> > > that work liberates, or in German: "Arbeit Macht Frei". Good
organization
> > > is the final solution of the developer problem. Of course, I'm a DBA,
> > > in case anyone had any doubts.

its not