RE: difference between child and parent latches?

From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:34:24 -0800 (PST)

does anyone know the rules of thumb for how many latches would be used for amounts less than 250 MB?

> this means
> you could relieve shared pool latch contention in
> extremely poorly written applications

bingo. sign me up.

Tanel,

sorry that I missed your presentation at Hotsos on small table tuning.

I tend to keep the shared pool somewhat smaller. I just didn't think that it was worth keeping 250MB of non-reusable statements around, but if that is what it takes to kick in the multiple latches without having to resort to underscore parameters ... so be it.

what if the cpu_count=4, not > 4?

thanks,

Paul

Do you Yahoo!?