Re: Off Topic - Windoze XP Prof. SP1

From: Brian L. Anderson <andersob_at_darton.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:43:00 -0500

> In my pC right button property, advanced optins, in performance
> select best performance.

That's kind of like the init.ora parameter: run_sql_faster = true ;) Actually, under that performance settings I don't recommend "Adjust for best performance", I pick custom and turn off all the extra crap.

If you don't have the memory columns showing in your task manager, turn them on (view, select columns) and watch if a process is building up memory. Not a solution but some of the non-default columns can help find such problems.