RE: alternative to samba

From: <Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:31:27 -0600

Somewhere in my foggy memories of fiddling with Samba, I keep thinking that it is used FTP under the covers. Which would imply that there are usernames and passwords flying around. Which would imply that those companies going whole hog with the Sardines Oxley stuff would have issues with it.

It's been a long time since I messed around with it, so it's highly possible that I'm all wrong here.