Re: alternative to samba

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:45:36 +0200

I'd rather dance the samba with you, than shoot you ;-)

Try NFS? Several clients and servers available: WRQ, xlink. Try google with NFS Windows.

Of course, samba is better.

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===

At 07:32 PM 3/22/2004, you wrote:

>Okay, don't shoot the messenger, I think the question is kind of silly
>myself, but I have been directed to ask.
>
>As Samba is open source, and we don't know (if it breaks) who we will be
>able to get to support the product. AND, is there an alternative that is
>for sale from a company that accomplishes the same thing (allowing for the
>mapping of a drive from a windows machine to a Unix machine, primarily)
>that we can pay money for...
>
>=\
>April
>
>April Wells
>Oracle DBA/Oracle Apps DBA
>Corporate Systems
>Amarillo Texas
> @>-->-->--
>"Few people really enjoy the simple pleasure of flying a kite"
>Adam Wells age 11
>"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly."
>Lauren Bacall
>
>The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is
>strictly confidential and for the intended use of the addressee only; it
>may also contain proprietary, price sensitive, or legally privileged
>information. Notice is hereby given that any disclosure, distribution,
>dissemination, use, or copying of the information by anyone other than the
>intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you have
>received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately
>by reply e-mail, delete this communication, and destroy all copies.
>
>Corporate Systems, Inc. has taken reasonable precautions to ensure that
>any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses. We specifically
>disclaim all liability and will accept no responsibility for damage
>sustained as a result of software viruses and advise you to carry out your
>own virus checks before opening any attachment.

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===