My weekly post: use post instead of commit

From: Juan Cachito Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:40:41 -0400

Hi,
last week I investigate something interesting related to database work.

If your developers are working with form developer/2000, and they are using blocks
(one block per table, procedure or view) usually used because it have several advantages like query built in functions.

The only way to put that data back to the database seem to be
1) executing a commit.
2) executing manual inserts, deletes and updates.

But there is a third option if you need to post the data in a block WITHOUT DOING A COMMIT, to validate data for example, you can use post. If you modify some form triggers on-close and on-rollback, you can get the window closed and the data posted there.