Re: Question about Connection Pooling...

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 00:26:39 +1100

Sorry to push in to this one. Quick related question if anyone knows:

With this trend to pooled connections/sessions, there is sometimes a need to make a given session behave with a specific user's "hat". Does anyone have any scalability info on things like SET ROLE or any recommendations on how to handle specific user identification issues? There was something about this a while ago on the Oracle mag but it was mostly to do with LDAP authentication and it was for 8i.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
in sunny Sydney, Australia
dbvision_at_optusnet.com.au