RE: Hardware / OS recommendation

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 08:13:00 +1100

Good God, man, what were you thinking? Allowing users to write their own shell scripts?!!? :)

Them's the easy ones. "It ain't under my control, don't expect me to take it into account."

Pete

"Controlling developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA

From: Pete Sharman [mailto:peter.sharman_at_oracle.com] Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 2:28 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Cc: Peter Ross. Sharman

Well, he did say "have to field user complaints for weeks after each move, despite testing." That immediately implies there hasn't been sufficient testing to me. :)

Pete