RE: listener for external procedure

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:18:00 -0500

David,

        Putting a network card in the computer creates a security hole. Follow Oracle's recommendation & set up the extproc listener so that it only listens for local IPC activity. That way it ignores the network card all together. Second run it under a non privileged account, like NOBODY. Also give EXTPROC it's own SID.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA