Re: user name with underscore gives problems

From: <sfaroult_at_oriole.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 05:39:02 -0500 (EST)

John,

   Username (and passwords) follow the usual identifier naming rules, and therefore the underscore character, as well as $ or #, are perfectly valid except in the first position.

   What may occur in your routine is some username transformation which would be more stringent than Oracle rules. But are you sure that 'io.FilePermission' refers to things occurring WITHIN oracle ?

HTH, SF