RE: How to restrict the user connections

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:22:09 -0500

Use number of processes .... but count for whatever oracle process plus 20 user sessions ...

Raj

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal. select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements; QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Tim Johnston Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 8:43 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Senthil... You'll get a bunch of answers to this question but it seems to me that you have a underlying problem and you've decided to solve it by limiting the database to only 20 users... So, what's the underlying problem you're trying to solve? Is this a license issue? A technical issue? You'll probably get better answers that way...

Tim

Davey, Alan wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Create a logon trigger that checks the number of sessions, and if more than
>20 exists, it will randomly select one and kill it. The idea being that
>that user has probably been on long enough and needs to learn to share
>resources.
>
>Alternatively, you can set license_max_sessions in your init.ora file.

>Alan Davey
>Senior Analyst/Project Leader
>Oracle 9i OCA; 3/4 OCP
>w) 973.267.5990 x458