Re: How to restrict the user connections

From: Tim Johnston <tjohnston_at_quallaby.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:12:43 -0500

Senthil... You'll get a bunch of answers to this question but it seems to me that you have a underlying problem and you've decided to solve it by limiting the database to only 20 users... So, what's the underlying problem you're trying to solve? Is this a license issue? A technical issue? You'll probably get better answers that way...

Tim

Davey, Alan wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Create a logon trigger that checks the number of sessions, and if more than
>20 exists, it will randomly select one and kill it. The idea being that
>that user has probably been on long enough and needs to learn to share
>resources.
>
>Alternatively, you can set license_max_sessions in your init.ora file.

>Alan Davey
>Senior Analyst/Project Leader
>Oracle 9i OCA; 3/4 OCP
>w) 973.267.5990 x458