Re: Transportable Tablespace, SCNs and ORA-1555s.

From: Daniel Fink <Daniel.Fink_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:10:35 -0700

Richard Ji wrote:

> My understanding is that you can issue the alter tablespace ... read only
> without have to wait for transactions to complete. But existing transactions
> need to be either commit or rollback before the tablespace can be quiesced.

Richard,
My apologies, I should be more clear. The insert transaction is committed, but some blocks in the table contain ITLs indicating that the transaction has not committed yet. They would normally be updated the next time they are read by the delayed block cleanout mechanism. All transactions in the database have been committed before I altered the tablespace read only. However, there were blocks in the table that showed that there was an uncommitted transaction.

Daniel