RE: designer 6.0 question

From: TOMPKINS, MARGARET <MARGARET.TOMPKINS_at_DFAS.MIL>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:05:01 -0600

Joe,

   You won't get that on an entity relationship diagram (ERD) in Designer. However, when you transform the entity to get a table definition, then you will get the foreign key column in the child table. Make sure that you have the primary unique identifier identified on the parent entity (has the # symbol on the ERD). In the table definition, it will become the primary key. Please tell me that all your components of that UID are mandatory. Transform the parent entity before transforming the child entity or transform them together. The server model diagram can be used to verify that the table definitions are correct. Think of the sever model as the more physical representation of the logical ERD. It will have the picture that you are looking for. Good Luck! Maggie

Respectfully,