RE: Database security

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:57:36 -0500

I think that we are chasing the wrong problem here. If there is a possible problem with the sysadmin interfearing with the Oracle database than a few things have not been done properly. 1. It was not explained properly what the job responsabities are and that team work is required.
2. the importance of the Oracle database and who is responsable for the database.
3. The hiring practice need a review and rework. 4. The wrong person was hired as the sysadmin.

I would lean towards 4. if there is a question about the sysdamin "fiddling" with the Oracle database.
Ron

>>> hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg 03/17/2004 10:40:47 AM >>>

The "backup" is the manager/ IT Security Officer who has the password [or
the two halves of the password]
written down on a piece of paper , such paper being placed in a FireProof Safe.

So what happens if the manager / IT Security Officer decides to take a

"peek" at the password ?

Hemant
At 10:30 AM 17-03-04 -0400, you wrote:
>Er... what happens if one of the two people gets hit by a bus?
>
>Just curious.
>
>Patrice.

burdensome.

>Ian MacGregor Stanford Linear Accelerator Center ian_at_slac.stanford.edu

><<mailto:ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>mailto:ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>

Hemant K ChitaleOracle 9i Database Administrator Certified Professional
http://hkchital.tripod.com {last updated 24-Jan-04} "If you wish to leave your footprints on the sand, do not drag your feet"