RE: Database security

From: mkb <mkb125_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 05:36:51 -0800 (PST)

Yep, Dennis makes a good point.

What's really need here is a trusted OS like Argus Systems Pit Bull. I'm sure something similar is available for MS, but trying to hack a way round something that wasn't designed to stop admins is going to be very difficult if not impossible or impractical.

Don't know much about these but I do know that even if one gains root access, what one can do with root (or admin privs) can be limited so for example, even root or admins can be denied from executing certain code or modifying/removing files.

These systems are not cheap but probably the only real secure solution.

mohammed

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - More reliable, more storage, less spam http://mail.yahoo.com