Re: SQL*Net message waits

From: <ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:27:25 -0500

this is how Im planning on handling tracing with connection pooling. You will need a little help from your middle tier team.

  1. create a new user, I call mine 'trace'. Grant trace all the privileges as the username that your middle uses. Have your middle tier team set up user log in that logs into the database as this user.
  2. Create a logon trigger that enables tracing and captures the full path to the trace file in a table(the query is on ixora.com.au). In some connection pooling methods you will get alot of files since they connect and disconnect. So in that case have a Ksh script read the table, tkprof the output, and concatenate it together.

Connection pooling is a challenge. I hate the idea of having to guess what the users are doing. Can't help you with the rest of it.