Re: Database security

From: Adam Donahue <adonahue_at_opsware.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:47:53 -0800

Jared,

I thought the oracle user was allow password-less access to Oracle as a result of being a member of the OSDBA group. Perhaps you can restrict or even remove that group.

(Of course, a user with root could simply erase the Oracle datafiles or perform other dangerous activities, but maybe that's beside the point.)

Adam