RE: How to calculate the size of a transaction?

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:03:51 -0600

Ashoke -

   In answer to the simple question, how to find the bytes in a row of a table, the simplest way is to analyze the table, then look at AVG_ROW_LEN column in USER_TABLES view.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Stephane Faroult Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 3:47 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

"Mandal, Ashoke" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have a set of tables, in which one or multiple records get inserted as
part of a transaction.
> Probably I need to find out the actual size of each row of these tables
and find out the no. of rows inserted as part this transaction and then add all these row size to get the transaction size.

> Does anybody have any standard set of scripts, which could be used to find
out the transaction size.

> Thanks for your help,
> Ashoke

Ashoke,

  I don't get what you are aiming for. 'transaction size' ? What's that ? A transaction is a logical unit of work. Methinks that if you are interested in the byte-shifting work, you'd rather have a look at V$ROLLSTAT and the amount of redo you generate. Certainly more meaningful figures to me.

--
Regards,

Stephane Faroult
Oriole Software