RE: EXP > 2GB

From: John P Weatherman <asahoshi_at_infionline.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:24:18 -0500

Mark,

Thanks, I had seen this. Unfortunately this assumes you know how large the export will be so you can pre-assign an appropriate group of files. I am currently watching conversions that add upwards of 1 GB of data when they run. I quickly run into two issues, first, what works one week likely won't the next and I end up needing a LOT of individual files by the fall. What I thought I remembered was a library substitution that allows exp to open the target files using large file size settings. This would at least let me keep the number of files reasonable for the foreseeable future. It could well be that I am just remembering something from before filesize was added and I misunderstood however.

Thanks again,

John P Weatherman
Oracle Database Administrator
Advance America
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of John P Weatherman Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 3:57 PM
To: oracle-l
Subject: EXP > 2GB

All,

I have an export (9.2.0.4 on Solaris 9) that has recently grown beyond the default exp 2GB filesize limit. For the time being, I have implemented exporting through a named pipe to generate the file "pre-compressed". However, I think I heard about there being a patch to relink exp to handle large file sizes at some point. I can't find anything on Google or Metalink right now. Am I miss-remembering something or does somebody know about this/know where the documentation is?

TIA, John P Weatherman