Re: DBMS_LDAP Available in Standard Edition

From: Edgar Chupit <chupit_at_tsi.lv>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:10:23 +0200

Hello Ethan,

PE> Can anyone confirm for me if the DBMS_LDAP package is available for Standard PE> Edition?

Since you don't specified Oracle version, I can confirm that dbms_ldap exists on Oracle 9.2 Standard Edition

SQL> desc dbms_ldap;
ERROR:
ORA-04043: object dbms_ldap does not exist

SQL> @?/rdbms/admin/catldap.sql

Library created.
Package created.
Package created.
Package created.
Package body created.

Package body created.
Package body created.
Synonym created.
Grant succeeded.
Synonym created.
Grant succeeded.

SQL> desc dbms_ldap;
FUNCTION ADD_S RETURNS BINARY_INTEGER

 Argument Name                  Type                    In/Out Default?

-- skip

SQL> select * from v$version;
BANNER

Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
CORE 9.2.0.3.0 Production
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.4.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.4.0 - Production

SQL> select * from v$option where parameter like '%Sec%'

PARAMETER                 VALUE